Long cranking times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a 97 vortec. I swaped out the filter a few weeks back with no improvments.I noticed that the fuel pressure don't rise when I rev it up either

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys that's what I was also leaning towards but wanted to get some second opinions before I tore into it. To be honest its been harder starts and dogish on cold mornings for like a year but has gotten bad enough to worrie about in the last month

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks guys that's what I was also leaning towards but wanted to get some second opinions before I tore into it. To be honest its been harder starts and dogish on cold mornings for like a year but has gotten bad enough to worrie about in the last month

Yeah, mine was hit-n-miss.
Cruising at highway speeds (60 mph) if I went hammer down it'd take forever and a day to get up to 70 mph.
Then one day it just wouldn't start. Pulled the bed off, kept pump in place and disconnected the feed line, fed that into a gas can to verify fuel flow and the ****** was pumping just fine.

Turns out it just wasn't quite enough.

-Truckin-

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine, and it turned out its caused by a stripped out positive battery terminal bolt causing the positive cable to be loose. If I tighten it up, the problem goes away.