Linelock install on abs truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did it. First solenoid didn't work, it leaked and I had to send it back.

You must be registered for see images

Kind of blurry but shows the solenoid mounting and ground screw. You can also see the loom I ran.

Here you can see the loom, the (green) power wire, the red stereo wire and the plumbing. The solenoid runs off the front of the master cylinder. This locks the rear brakes. Traditionally the front outlet operates the front brakes, not so on this model.

The switch is hard wired to the battery with a 10 amp fuse. It will work even when the truck is off. It looks almost stock in this location.

This system worked for a while but then stopped working, it would only hold for a few secconds, I believe I blew the seals out of the linelock. This is a summit brand linelock.

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want a line lock but not sure if you can do it with a hydroboost system like mine.
Nice write up

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After messing with this one, I'd suggest keeping it for drag racing only. I noticed a bit of improvement in the brakes when I removed the setup. But I think without the ABS system it would be better.

(Only reason I added this was to pass e-brake inspection.)

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i want a line lock but not sure if you can do it with a hydroboost system like mine.
Nice write up

Sure you can. HB only gives more assist to actuate the MC (creating more pressure) , it doesn't change the MC function.

Green95Hoe

Rollin in tha big hoe
Reaction score
So it didnt hold up huh? Dam. This was my only option after doing my manual transmission swap since I lost my e-brake with the 14 bolt. How many times did you actually use it?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow i never thought about adding a line lock for an ebrake lol. i dont have an ebrake now because i converted to rear disc. im going to get a line lock this weekend...how convient!

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
how about adding a driveshaft brake...easy to do...and more dependable than parking on a hill and if the battery goes dead and the truck rolls down the hill into the lake... if any one has done this ...please post pics

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i park in gear. i thought it would be nice to have it for leaving it running on a slight incline or somthing like that.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The linelock should not be used for more than 1 minute. Its not a replacement for my e brake I just needed it to "pass" inspection.

I want to put a real driveline brake on that truck but I've priced that at $1500-$2000 so it will have to wait.