Line X Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which product was used?
I’m not sure although I suspect it was linex it’s 1/4” thick and it’s lasted over 10 years so whatever it is it’s impressive. I bought the truck a few years old so I’m not sure which brand it was. One thing that helped for sure is that the truck was brand new when the linex was added so it wasn’t trapping in any rust.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been considering the same thing. I think it’s a great idea, and I believe the thick spray coating would help with sound deadening in a similar way that Dynomat does when applied inside the door. Maybe it Could be good for general road noise and car audio setups, rather than just scratch resistance?
I think that a dynomat or similar product under the interior carpet would be a better investment for less noise.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read somewhere it can add 100-125lbs. in weight. Is that true?
Not raptorliner. A 4L kit weighs less maybe 15lbs. That’s the box, bottles, can of hardener etc. After sprayed and the solvents evaporate I’d guess you’d be looking at like 12lbs or less. I used 12L on my truck so like 36lbs give or take.

Line x is heavier. On an average short box we use about 25-30lbs of material for a box liner. Multiply that by at least 4 for the sq footage of the whole body the yeah, your looking at 100lbs+

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im kinda conscious about extra weight, it starts to add up and pretty soon youre toting around an extra 500lbs, but farmers bolt on 300lb bumper/bullguards, so to each is own, I suppose.

I'll be curious if you have any panel gaps left after an 1/8th to 1/4 material poured on. Guess it will depend on how well its done also.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im kinda conscious about extra weight, it starts to add up and pretty soon youre toting around an extra 500lbs, but farmers bolt on 300lb bumper/bullguards, so to each is own, I suppose.

I'll be curious if you have any panel gaps left after an 1/8th to 1/4 material poured on. Guess it will depend on how well its done also.
I am definitely going to take it to professionals.