Line X Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the difference?
Just checked, it’s the same. Pigmented/tinted = same thing.
Poor wording on my part, it works with normal automotive tints so you can color match to any automotive color and its still vibrant instead of dull

Looks like Rhino Liner has something similar now

This is speedliner
You must be registered for see images attach

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lots of trucks up here get it done, some right off the lot. Very useful for your intended use.
I believe they have specific liner now for body panels, it's a little lighter and doesn't spray on as thick as the bed stuff. You can get a "clear coat" for lack of better term, that is shiney and repels dirt and dust better than normal bed liner. It may have to get reapplied occasionally I believe.

My 2012 was done with 10” along the bottom of the truck when it was brand new and it’s remarkable how much it’s protected the truck to this
day! It was never touched up or re done at it still looks great over 10 years later. And it’s truck was drive off road daily for use on a pipeline till I retired it back to towing duty a few years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 16

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother did his jeep inside and out.
As a reminder - because someone brought this up a couple years back, don't do your interior in any spray-on liner products! They put off low levels of toxic fumes throughout their lifespan. Keep it on the outside.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 2012 was done with 10” along the bottom of the truck when it was brand new and it’s remarkable how much it’s protected the truck to this
day! It was never touched up or re done at it still looks great over 10 years later. And it’s truck was drive off road daily for use on a pipeline till I retired it back to towing duty a few years ago.
Which product was used?

Grube

Reaction score
I’ve been considering the same thing. I think it’s a great idea, and I believe the thick spray coating would help with sound deadening in a similar way that Dynomat does when applied inside the door. Maybe it Could be good for general road noise and car audio setups, rather than just scratch resistance?

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IF you decide to do it, my vote goes to raptor liner. It is definitely UV stable unlike mentioned earlier in this thread, it washes well, and i very durable. I sprayed my dually 3 years ago and its holding up great. I did it because I use the truck, I drive it every where. If I spent a bunch of time laying on a nice paint job then I'd be scared to drive it. The good thing about Raptor is it's still in a nutshell "paint", it can chip or peel. Line X is a polyurea, more like a membrane, and it can trap water and cause more problems. I've seen trucks with the lower doors and rockers coated in line x and the rockers were completely rusted away and all that was there was the line x flapping.
You must be registered for see images attach