Lighting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you run all 4 Hids? or only lows with a halogen hi bulb. right now i cant really see with my highbeams unless i turn my center driving lights on(offroad lights). Wheres a good place with good prices to get hids? and on top of that is it any better to switch to l.e.d bulbs in all the parking,tail, corner lights and what now?

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have hid's, but am thinking about going to HIR's just because they are a pain sometimes. HID's are brighter though and if you get a good kit and am them properly you will not use your high beams that much. You do not want to get HID's for high beams because as soon as you turn them on they have to warm up to brighten and by the time they are bright you will have to turn them off. This is also why I would recommend doing the 4-hi mod because if you switch to high beams too long and switch back to your lows you will not be able to see for a few seconds.

For maximum brightness I would recommend HID's for the lows and HIR's for the high. Stay away from getting anything above the 5000K color range. I originally had 5000K and switched to 6000K because one of my bulbs was out and a friend gave me his. The color has a nice hint a blue, but they are not as bright as the 5000K. For your fog lights get the 3000K yellow bulbs, they are stupid bright.

As far as LED's for the other lights I would recommend them because they last longer, especially if you off-road a lot. I bought mine from superbrightleds.com five years ago and have not had one go out yet. That is saying something because I beat the crap out of mine. You would think it was a Ford with how much I am under the hood!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Can't put an LED bulb in the top position of the stock tail lights. You'll blow fuses as fast as you can put them in.

Damn circuit boards!

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So your saying don't buy hi and low Hids, just Lows? I want to run the 4 hi harness when i get the chance. But really looking into hid because mine just arnt near as bright. What are HIR's?

Evatyl14

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That all just confused me. i know hids are good, ive seen them, never heard of HIRs. So whats the big difference between them? Whats really better? If its properly done there should be no problem with hids.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
HIRs aren't as bright as HIDs, but are closer to halogens geometry wise, so there's not quite as much scatter in most applications. I've never seen a legit side by side comparison, so I can't confirm this, but it's why people are interested in them.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I recommend not buying the 4-high harness if you go with HIDs. It is just extra components to go bad. I would get the HID relay harness (which should be mandatory in my opinion to prevent flicker and failed starts) and just put a diode between the stock low and high beam wires in the harness next to the under hood dist box. Then you use the relay you already bought for the HIDs. That is what I did and it works flawlessly. It looks cleaner if you tuck the diode properly back into the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running low 35w 4300k and high 55w 4300k and I love them. Be sure to 4 hi mod and run relays and you'll be perfectly fine.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That all just confused me. i know hids are good, ive seen them, never heard of HIRs. So whats the big difference between them? Whats really better? If its properly done there should be no problem with hids.

Lol! Not the first time I've been accused of being confusing!
Parents, siblings, teachers, employers, ex-girlfriends, ex-wife, friends, ex-friends, doctors, nurses, forum members, people next door...