light flywheel vs stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 96 gmc step side with few mods i busted the bell houseing on 5 speed just got new tranny ordered dual friction clutch centerforce and am wondering if i should get a lighter flywheel the stock is like 33lbs looking at one the is 12.1lbs would this help or hurt?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I would have to think the integrity of the metal on the lighter one would be just as good, or it would defeat the whole purpose of having a lighter one ya know? :think: I'm no mechanical wiz so hopefully one of the guys will give you a certain answer on that soon!

If that's your truck in your avatar there then...BADASS! Post up some pictures for us sometime!

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no thats my 89 i havent posted any of my 96 not real sure how to on here lol not comp wiz

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's very simple my friend. Go to www.photobucket.com and register. Once you've done that you can go ahead and "upload" photo's to your album. Once you have the photo's you want to post uploaded, just click on a photo you want to post on here. On the right side of the photo/screen there will be a list of the Photo's "links" There is one near the middle that says "DIRECT LINK" click that and it will automatically copy that URL for you (it will look just like a website url cuz that's what it is) then you just click back over here to GMT400 and in the reply box here you will see the little "tree" icon in the toolbar ontop the reply box it will say "insert image" when you position the mouse over it. Simply click that and paste the URL (direct link) that you copied over from photobucket then hit reply and bam your photo will upload in the thread!

If you have a smart phone you can get the photobucket APP which will automatically upload every pic you take to photobucket so then you can simply just log on and post your pics quick! Hope that helped, being able to post pics of your truck/work is a big deal!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you going to be using the truck for?

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its just a toy for say i only drive it when im in town its not goin to be pulling anything its only for riden and drag strip every now and then

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could probably go with either one then. the added mass and inertia of the heavy flywheel will help takeoffs and stop and go driving, which is typically better in daily driving situations. the lighter one will spin up easier for high end power stuff, and are typically preferable in racing situations.

also, here's a thread about how to post up pictures if it helps, its basically what was already said though.
http://forum.gmtruckcentral.com/showthread.php/188-INFO-How-to-post-pictures-to-the-forum!