lifter tick solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Its a roller. No need to break in. One of the rollers may be stuck and eating up the cam. You usually don't see many valvetrain noise problems out of hydraulic roller setups. May want to look into putting a timing chain in it at the same time and inspect your distributor gear. Any of the above, while unlikely, could cause valve train noise.

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could just need to be adjusted though, right? If not I'll save money and buy some 1.6 rockers, new valvr springs, what else would be necessary for a mild cam?

Big98z71

Reaction score
When we bought our 99 suburban the owner had us meet him at a shop, it had the same tick, I listened to it and told the shop to tighten till it just quit, we bought it and never had a problem, but I did however replace the rocker nuts. Even in my 98 then stock rocker nuts became loose in one cylinder, replace over 200,000 miles ago and never a problem. By the way, on our sub we have put on over 175,000 since replacement of them

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec. Yup! It was noisy. Caught it before it ate the cam. Was a good time to do the intake manifold gaskets, too.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^^ this is what i was talking about it eating a lifter or cam. It won't run long like that until the cam is damaged.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score

Vortec. Yup! It was noisy. Caught it before it ate the cam. Was a good time to do the intake manifold gaskets, too.

I've been there, but it wasn't a Vortec.
It was a solid roller in a Mopar.
The thing ate the cam though.