Lift Kit Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I found out today that my brothers truck frame is shot and were deciding to scrap it. He had Rough Country 3" lift on and I am curious if it is worth taking off his truck to put on mine. He has a 97 GMC 1500 rcsb and I have a 98 Chevy K1500 rclb. I want to use his 16x10 wheels since he wont be needing them. Is it worth trying to take the lift off of his truck and put it on mine or should I just crank my keys and save the time. He has 285/75/R16s right now and the wheels have a -25 offset will the wheels fit without rubbing if i only crank the keys?

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are any of the other parts for the front end that come with the kit worth trying to take off?

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kit was on it when he bought it and i'm sure it came with that when the guy we bought it from installed it. But idk if it is worth the trouble to try to take those parts off and replace them with my stock parts.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Your call, I have no idea what they look like. But I would want new control arms with new bushings and balljoints if all I had to do was take them off.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue how long they have been on the truck but my brother has owned it for 3 years. I can get the same amount of fender clearance by just cranking the keys correct?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I have no clue how long they have been on the truck but my brother has owned it for 3 years. I can get the same amount of fender clearance by just cranking the keys correct?

Same amount of lift cranking the keys as swapping in lift key's, yes. The control arms are another matter altogether.