Lift Kit Info Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 that I'm wanting to lift. Yeah I know it's IFS Suspension but I honestly don't care so don't reply if you're just going to tell me not to lift it. it's gonna happen, I just wanna know the best way to go about this, the cheapest kit I found but still has a good reputation is a 6" Tuff Country Lifts, it's going for $1,400. I have the tools to put it on myself and I'm cheap so I dont want to pay someone to do it for me. it's mainly going to be a Pavement Princess because it's my daily driver and I'm tired of taking it off-road and having to deal with all the dirt, it'll go through light trails occasionally if my friends get stuck and need my beast to pull them out, otherwise it's gonna be on pavement. So basically I'm planning on doing a 6" lift and putting 38" tires on it. the tires I want to get are 385/70/16 Toyo Open Country's, eventually I want to do 38x15.5x20 toyos but I don't have the money to buy 20x14 wheels at the moment. so I'm gonna stick with 16's for now. the Wheels I am putting in it are 16x12 Mickey Thompson Classic's. On the rear I'm putting 2" spacers so the stance will be basically even. I like my tires tucked that's why I wanna do a 6" lift. My measurements tell me a 6" will clear 38's but does anyone have any references or pictures I can look at? After Lifting I plan on re gearing to 4.88 gears.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did u just measure up from tire to fender Lol
That's a very wide tire
Your problem will be with turning on the 15.5

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the dually Burbank was an option but I ran into some money problems and won't have enough to cover it. so SRW for now, it'll happen though. and yeah, I know it's a wide tire, but I was getting 16x12 wheels that have -50 offset, 4.5" of back spacing. figures it would push the tires out enough to clear it, I don't have much of a problem cutting crap off that's inside my fender well. I just don't want to cut anything that's on the outside appearance of the body.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rough country makes a good lift too.. probably a little cheaper than the tuff country. I'm thinking that you would probably need a body lift with it as well to clear 38's without having to do some major trimming.. a 6" lift can usually clear 35x12.5's easy but i dont think you'll fit 38x15.5's

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rough country makes a good lift too.. probably a little cheaper than the tuff country. I'm thinking that you would probably need a body lift with it as well to clear 38's without having to do some major trimming.. a 6" lift can usually clear 35x12.5's easy but i dont think you'll fit 38x15.5's

Nice ride
Great stance love the visor

Do I detect a cali lean?

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually I've found cheaper cooper tires that I like, 37x13.5x20 they're the STT Discoverer tires. gonna do it with a 6" lift but all I can find is kits from Super Lift and Tuff Country. I can't seem to find any major brand kits for mine, it's probably because I have a 3/4 ton suburban and not a 1/2 ton. pretty sure I'll be able to clear 37's with a 6" kit. was wondering if anyone knows or has a GMT 400 on 37's or 38's with a 6" lift. I'd like to see some pictures