Let's talk headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I've got another set of aftermarket mounts I'll send you for shipping, I didn't use them. No idea if that'd help you or not though.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got another set of aftermarket mounts I'll send you for shipping, I didn't use them. No idea if that'd help you or not though.

at this point its worth a shot, cant be any worse. how can i get some cash to you? thanks for your help

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
at this point its worth a shot, cant be any worse. how can i get some cash to you? thanks for your help

Paypal is easiest... let me make sure I can find them before you send me anything though.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How important is a glare caps with HID's? I mean if I aim the headlights down can I still have good visibility without blinding other drivers? I have a chance to get a set of brand new Anzo's and I know they dont have glare caps. Also is $220 a good price for them brand new? The guy says he paid $340 for the headlights, parking lights and corners and I know shipping from amazon on those things is close to $100.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
in a word... not really. HIDs aren't designed to work in reflector housings, so they're already not good. When you have glare coming directly off the front of the bulb too its just worse.

I got a complete set of what I would call good (not great) quality lights from amazon for <200

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
in a word... not really. HIDs aren't designed to work in reflector housings, so they're already not good. When you have glare coming directly off the front of the bulb too its just worse.

I got a complete set of what I would call good (not great) quality lights from amazon for <200

I beg to differ. I have them in my stock housings. Just needed to be lowered a bit, and they flood the road with light, have a focused beam pretty far away, AND are low enough to where they don't shine in other car drivers' faces. It all depends on the aim. Sometimes i wish i WOULDNT have aimed my HIDs, because of all the asshats around here with them shining in other peoples' eyes because they are too lazy to aim them.

But in a nutshell, if your housings are easily aimed, your pretty much good.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya I have them in stock housings now and aimed correctly they seem fine I just didnt know if they would be worse in the Anzo's. As for the lights costing you less than $200, shipping to Canada from amazon or anywhere in the states is borderline stupid because of duty, tax etc.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I have them in my stock housings. Just needed to be lowered a bit, and they flood the road with light, have a focused beam pretty far away, AND are low enough to where they don't shine in other car drivers' faces. It all depends on the aim. Sometimes i wish i WOULDNT have aimed my HIDs, because of all the asshats around here with them shining in other peoples' eyes because they are too lazy to aim them.

But in a nutshell, if your housings are easily aimed, your pretty much good.

Stock refractor housings are a bit different than some diamond clear reflector housings. The front lens helps to disperse the light so that it's not so focused and glaring, so the lack of a glare cap isn't as big of a deal. But if you have some clear reflector housings with no glare caps and have HIDs in them, you're going to be blinding other drivers no matter how you aim them.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Try being the oncoming car in the middle of the night.. Another large truck isn't always so bad, but I've been glared badly by plenty of vehicles that had no business retrofitting HIDs into their reflector housings in my GTO which sits quite low.