Lets guess the rattle (video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just did front brakes on the truck and cut the front springs to lower the front of the truck...now all of sudden it rattles at idle.
I thought ...is that a shield of some sort but seems like its coming from the bellhousing also noticing alot more oil leaking now.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oil leak looks like it’s been there for a while. You can use a piece of hose as a stethoscope to help you pin point the noise.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as random guesses, loose bolts on the torque converter, cracked flex plate.
Does the rattle get worse or better when rev’d? Is it more pronounced right when you shut the truck off?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Depending on where exactly its coming from, I have had a catalytic converter rattle like that at idle then go away when revving.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The noise goes away as soon as rpms go up. Only at idel does it rattle

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hitting around on the exhaust it sounds ok.

This only started after lowring the front end. but it sounds like its coming straight from bellhousing

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I just got done chasing a rattle that sounded alot like that. It was the #2 O2 sensor body contacting the heat shield under the Passenger side floor.