LED's keep burning out... Tried looking up on the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanBurban

Reaction score
I figured I would just ask on a new thread, rather than looking for it because I'm lazy. LOL Sorry guys, but let me get to the point.

My father and I have Suburbans, Mine of course is a '97 and his is an '04, or if you wanna get technical, a GMT 850?. Whatever, We both bought Blue LEDs for our reverse lights and they fit and worked perfectly. 3057/3157 I believe is the name. Well, when we bought white LEDs for the taillights and running lights they burnt out immediately. On my truck, the '97, they burnt out as soon as my Dad put his foot on the brake. We tried another bulb and the same thing. When my dad put it in his truck, everything seemed fine, until later that night, he had no taillights. When he opened the taillights, a hole was visible through the plastic that holds the bulb.

What is doing this? Why is it doing this? And, how can I prevent it from happening?

Sorry If I'm a n00b or whatever, I'm new to modifications and what not.

Thanks,
Urban Burban.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Not sure about your Dad's, but on a GMT400, you can't put an LED bulb in the upper position of the tails. Fuses &/or bulbs will blow, RFN! Don't know if an LED will work in there if you do the upper tail light 4-Hi mod, though.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pick up a set of LED tails throw a LED bulb in the reverse one and call it a day

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2