LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any one have the tutorial for the HVAC and headlight controls.....

In one thread you mention having a '93 and in another you're asking about stuff for a '97, so which is it? For a '93, I'm of no help. For the '97, the headlight switch will require more than just a drop-in replacement LED deal. You'll have to break out the soldering iron.

For the HVAC:
1. Set the parking brake, turn the key on and shift into '1' and tilt the steering wheel all the way down.
2. The dash bezel is just clipped on. Start pulling carefully on the top and sides to pop it out.
3. Disconnect the plug to the headlight switch and set the bezel aside.
4. There are 2 or 3 screws holding the HVAC control in. I don't recall if you have to pull the radio out to get the HVAC out or the HVAC out to get the radio out. When I did my HVAC LEDs I also replaced the head unit at the same time, so it somewhat runs together here. It's pretty self-explanatory when you look at it, though.
5. Once you get the HVAC loose, disconnect the plug and pull it out.
6. Turn it around and you can see the 6 twist-locks on the backside. The 4 across the center are the primary lighting. The 2 others are for the A/C and Recirc buttons.
7. Replace the bulbs with your LEDs.
8. The LEDs are polarity sensitive, so before buttoning everything up, make sure you plug the unit in and check to make sure they're all working.
9. Once you've checked that out, reassemble everything.

956moe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In one thread you mention having a '93 and in another you're asking about stuff for a '97, so which is it? For a '93, I'm of no help. For the '97, the headlight switch will require more than just a drop-in replacement LED deal. You'll have to break out the soldering iron.

For the HVAC:
1. Set the parking brake, turn the key on and shift into '1' and tilt the steering wheel all the way down.
2. The dash bezel is just clipped on. Start pulling carefully on the top and sides to pop it out.
3. Disconnect the plug to the headlight switch and set the bezel aside.
4. There are 2 or 3 screws holding the HVAC control in. I don't recall if you have to pull the radio out to get the HVAC out or the HVAC out to get the radio out. When I did my HVAC LEDs I also replaced the head unit at the same time, so it somewhat runs together here. It's pretty self-explanatory when you look at it, though.
5. Once you get the HVAC loose, disconnect the plug and pull it out.
6. Turn it around and you can see the 6 twist-locks on the backside. The 4 across the center are the primary lighting. The 2 others are for the A/C and Recirc buttons.
7. Replace the bulbs with your LEDs.
8. The LEDs are polarity sensitive, so before buttoning everything up, make sure you plug the unit in and check to make sure they're all working.
9. Once you've checked that out, reassemble everything.

ok i had sold the 93 and got the 97 on my sig....

link http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4042296#post4042296

but thank you man!!!

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
For the '97, the headlight switch will require more than just a drop-in replacement LED deal. You'll have to break out the soldering iron.

Actually, SuperBrightLEDs.com's NEO4 bulb fits the 95+ headlight switch. The passenger side door switches also take a NEO4 bulb, while the driver side door switches take both a NEO4 and NEO3-HP bulb (the regular NEO3 bulb is too tall to fit).

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright im wanting to put the blue leds in my dash cluster and where my heat&a/c knobs are do i just need 12 of those wled #194 bulbs or different ones thanks

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright im wanting to put the blue leds in my dash cluster and where my heat&a/c knobs are do i just need 12 of those wled #194 bulbs or different ones thanks

The gauge cluster takes 6 of the 194s and the HVAC takes 4 T1.5s (another 2 if you want to do the A/C and Recirc buttons).

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have pics of the window/door/mirror switches with leds installed? I'd like to see how they turned out.