LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I do it I'll just order one blue for the 4x4 and one red.

@bigwavedave is there a reason you switched to the x5 LEDs? I understand the twist lock issue but wouldn't the WLED-x-x work just fine with new twist locks?

They look to have a better dispersant of light. Mine have some hot spots and low spots in it. Judging by Hodges and Badgmc, I decided to go that route.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look to have a better dispersant of light. Mine have some hot spots and low spots in it. Judging by Hodges and Badgmc, I decided to go that route.
What angle of the WLED-x-x did you order? 90 or 120? How was the brightness? Did you have any complaints with them other than the mild hot spots?

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What angle of the WLED-x-x did you order? 90 or 120? How was the brightness? Did you have any complaints with them other than the mild hot spots?

I think I ordered the 120 deg....I think I saw somewhere after I ordered them to order the 90s. Brightness was ehhh....Wish it was brighter. I don't daily drive my truck so its hard for me to review....

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I ordered the 120 deg....I think I saw somewhere after I ordered them to order the 90s. Brightness was ehhh....Wish it was brighter. I don't daily drive my truck so its hard for me to review....

hmm I was going to order the 120 ones because I'm cheap and the HP5s are more than twice as expensive... But I don't want hot spots or it to be too dim. I don't want it to be too bright either since I've heard the dimmer doesn't really work. What color of the 120s did you order?

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm I was going to order the 120 ones because I'm cheap and the HP5s are more than twice as expensive... But I don't want hot spots or it to be too dim. I don't want it to be too bright either since I've heard the dimmer doesn't really work. What color of the 120s did you order?

The Cool white. It looks really ricer boy ish. I just want some bright white colored LEDs. But it seems I am going to get that blueish color. Guess I'm racist....lol I think it cost me around 30 bucks for everything....

Also the reason for me ordering new bulbs and twistlocks is it seems they would just slide in instead of being soldered on. I am not good at soldering, I also don't want to just pull the bulbs out and put them in new ones because I could probably put the wire back around the bulb, but I am not delicate.

Its all up to you. I ordered the 5s because it looks to be a solid displacement of light......

jdixon74

Reaction score

you dont have to do the HP5.s you can do the WLED-X5. They are in the same set as the WLED-X-X. Its what i ordered and am waiting on. I have not heard of any hot spots on the wled-x-x so bigwavedave is the first i have heard. My brother also ordreed the wled-x-x so ill have to wait and see what he says also on the 120's.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you dont have to do the HP5.s you can do the WLED-X5. They are in the same set as the WLED-X-X. Its what i ordered and am waiting on. I have not heard of any hot spots on the wled-x-x so bigwavedave is the first i have heard. My brother also ordreed the wled-x-x so ill have to wait and see what he says also on the 120's.
Yeah I hadn't heard of hot spots either. The WLED-x-5 is still more than 2.5x the cost of the WLED-x-x but it's brighter too. I was going to wait a little bit on these so I'll probably wait to hear how you like the x5s and how they compare to the 120s that your brother ordered.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actaully worked on a guy's truck last night that had all LED's from superbright and I was impressed, the pictures really don't do them justice!

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I hadn't heard of hot spots either. The WLED-x-5 is still more than 2.5x the cost of the WLED-x-x but it's brighter too. I was going to wait a little bit on these so I'll probably wait to hear how you like the x5s and how they compare to the 120s that your brother ordered.

Maybe I screwed something up....

I will try and take a picture for better clarification.....

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the WLED-x5s before. They lit up pretty evenly, but just weren't bright enough for me. That's when I went with the x6s. That was back before they had the HP LEDs. I'm a converted fan of the HPs, though. Worth the extra cost to me.