LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong.

ima need 6 wled-x5 for the gauge with twist locks. 6 t1.5 with twist lock for HVAC with recirc and a/c. then 6 more wled-x for the map lights on the overhead console and in the rear of the truck and the dome light.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait...I was thinking about rear a/c controls in the overhead console in my reply. The map lights are 194s, so WLED-x and the dome lights are festoon bulbs. 42mm or 44mm will work.

Grizza

Reaction score
Wait...I was thinking about rear a/c controls in the overhead console.

There should only be one bulb on the rear overhead a/c controller, that is all that there is on the front overhead a/c controller. The bulb looks like it shoud be a WLED-X (same as dash cluster) but only smaller. I ordered an extra T1.5 bulb but when I pulled apart the overhead controller the bulb was similar to the WLED-X bulb.

I am going to pull my dash back apart and see if the WLED-X bulb from the dash cluster will work in the overhead rear a/c controls.

Also, for the parking light/headlight controller, I would go with the 4mm NEOx-xHP: NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb. I put the normal 4mm in and i felt it was kind of on the dimmly light side.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There should only be one bulb on the rear overhead a/c controller, that is all that there is on the front overhead a/c controller. The bulb looks like it shoud be a WLED-X (same as dash cluster) but only smaller. I ordered an extra T1.5 bulb but when I pulled apart the overhead controller the bulb was similar to the WLED-X bulb.

When I did the rear A/C controls in my '99 Yukon, both of them took T1.5s and there were more than one. I'll just have to get into the Suburban and look sometime.

Grizza

Reaction score
1badgmc

my bad... you are correct. There are two T1.5 bulbs in each of the overhead a/c controllers. I was unaware that the LED bulb can be pulled out of the platic twist cap housing. they fit in perfect. I guess that I was just a little tooo excited putting in the LEDs yesterday.

Now I need to place a 3rd order from the magical LED store!!!

Reaction score
Ok... Jason, i need ya man.. I did my gauges... They wont adjust, and they all worked as if not polarity sensitive? Also... what goes in the dash HVAC? lol... sorry..

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
What color LEDs do you want in yours? If you want blue LEDs, then you don't have to worry about the green. If you want red or amber, you'll have to sand the green off.

Thanks. I want to do the hyper white color to match my white and black theme so the green will have to be sanded off I think

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok... Jason, i need ya man.. I did my gauges... They wont adjust, and they all worked as if not polarity sensitive?

What? They won't dim? I really have no clue.

Also... what goes in the dash HVAC? lol... sorry..

T1.5. 4 of them if you're just doing to main lighting. 6 of them if you're also doing the A/C and Recirc buttons.

Thanks. I want to do the hyper white color to match my white and black theme so the green will have to be sanded off I think

Yeah, you'll have to sand it off. Otherwise you'll just have a brighter green.