LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah its the cross reference for the 168 bulb i belive. dont forget some gauge clusters require twistlocks to do the swap. mine didnt but i have found several clusters in the junkyard that would have. its almost like gm put in whatever they had laying around for some of them.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well if you dont pull your cluster its a guessing game, some need them and some dont. the only way to really figure it out is to take the cluster out. i played it safe and ordered twistlocks....and of coarse i didnt need them, but its like what 3 bucks extra or whatever? so it wasnt that big of a deal to me. i know down the road ill have another truck and want to do leds behind the gauges just the same, whenever that time comes around ill have them twistlocks waiting.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are these twist locks that you are referring to? When I pull my cluster (never have before) how do I know if I need them?? This may be a stupid question but I have literally never pulled apart a 95 and newer dash

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The twist locks are the socket that the bulb goes in. Some original bulbs were removable from the socket, those don't need twist-locks. Others have bulbs and sockets that are a single unit and those would require twist locks. If your bulbs are labeled PC168 and PC194 you will need the twist locks. It's very easy to pull the cluster. The front of the dash pulls off. Then you disconnect the connectors from the switches on the back side. The cluster is held in with 4 7mm screws. Once you take them out the cluster comes right out. Make sure you pull the dual cupholder open and put the steering wheel down before you take the panel off. Just work around the edge and pull the panel off gently.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just did this, yet for some reason my speedometer isnt as brightly blue as the rest of the gauges.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well you may have the bulb in the wrong way. if you read on their site they can only go in one way to light up. so pull it back apart and take the twistlock/ bulb out and flip it 180. it should work after that!