LED confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banshman

Reaction score
Im replacing all my exterior bulbs with LED's. Just finished and my turn signals and hazards only work when the lights are off and they are hyperflashing. When lights are on I get no turn signals or hazards. I will go get the LED flasher but will that fix the issue when the lights are on? Also I had 3057 on all 6 rear light bulbs from the factory. I saw there are "CK" versions? Do I have those? Last thing, should I clean all that yellow factory grease out of the sockets?

Thanks

Banshman

Reaction score
No kidding, ok I'll get 2 for the middle, thanks for clearing this up for ne and the quick response

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem! Sorry I'm not much help with the other stuff. I still run standard bulbs in almost everything.

The only other piece of semi-useful info I have is that any dielectric grease in your sockets is not factory, that was added by someone else. Shouldn't hurt anything though.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Huh, that is strange. My '97s have both been in the family since they were new and neither of them came with any grease in the sockets.

Maybe it depended on who was putting the bulbs in on the assembly line. :lol:

Banshman

Reaction score
Stuff is a mess, so do you know if all those sockets are ck in the rear? I bought a six pack so I can't return 2 plus I want all the bulbs to match

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stuff is a mess, so do you know if all those sockets are ck in the rear? I bought a six pack so I can't return 2 plus I want all the bulbs to match

Just the middle ones. Although I think the CK LEDs will work in standard sockets. Don't quote me on that though, I've never tried personally.

Banshman

Reaction score
Just a follow up, I just replaced the flasher with an led one and everything works fine now, the bulbs I bought must work for both socket types I guess

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue93swb