Leaking transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a leaking tc on my 93 stepside. In process of making this truck roadworthy. It seems to be coming from the extension housing on the rear side of tc. I know there should be a gasket there and the other side. How difficult to do? Do I have to drop the tc? Should I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a seal AND a bushing in that extension housing. If you are getting a leak at the seal then you should really change both pieces. I just did a overhaul to mine two weeks ago. I took the extension housing and new bushing to a local shop and asked them to press out the old one and put the new one in. They charged me $20 and I didnt have to worry about me galling up the new busing trying to hammer it in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013FFKK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
I fixed this myself. It was easy, drop drive shaft. Unbolt extension housing bolts, pull off careful not to damage output shaft, clean, drive out seal with pvc pipe, socket etc. Make sure you mark the drive shaft position

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I fixed this myself. It was easy, drop drive shaft. Unbolt extension housing bolts, pull off careful not to damage output shaft, clean, drive out seal with pvc pipe, socket etc. Make sure you mark the drive shaft position

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk