leaking axle seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed a few drops of oil on the street this morning and looked to see my diff on the passenger side is wet I recently had the cvs replaced and a fresh alignment
is ther a seal behind the cv axle?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On all the FWD cars Ive done, you pull the CVs, then its just a little o-ring you pull out and replace. Not a big deal IF done when you change the axles.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On all the FWD cars Ive done, you pull the CVs, then its just a little o-ring you pull out and replace. Not a big deal IF done when you change the axles.

On these trucks a flange comes out of the front differential that the CV bolts to. Its not like a front wheel drive car where the CV shaft pulls out of the transmission.

I had one of the bearings go out behind the seal that the OP is asking about. The front diff had to be removed and opened up to change the bearing. My buddy helped me out at the time because I wasn't sure what I was looking at. I think you have to split the front diff apart to get that axle shaft out of the way to change the seal.