Leak under passenger side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I have a 97 k1500. I noticed a lot of water on my passenger floor mat. Well it appears I have a leak from the bolt holes and the ridge where the bottom half of the black box mounts to the top. Idk what u call this box. My question is if there is a gasket in the box that can go bad or maybe a clogged drain? I ruled out heater core because my radiator is slam full of green antifreeze and the leak is straight Unscented water. I’m trying to get it fixed ASAP Bc it’s ruining my carpet.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I have a 97 k1500. I noticed a lot of water on my passenger floor mat. Well it appears I have a leak from the bolt holes and the ridge where the bottom half of the black box mounts to the top. Idk what u call this box. My question is if there is a gasket in the box that can go bad or maybe a clogged drain? I ruled out heater core because my radiator is slam full of green antifreeze and the leak is straight Unscented water. I’m trying to get it fixed ASAP Bc it’s ruining my carpet.
Can you provide a picture? I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Can't think of any system that's just water and has anything operating in the cab. Maybe condensation from the AC system? I've never heard of condensation forming on the vent system, but I suppose it's possible. Otherwise I'd say you have a hole in your floorboard and you ran over a puddle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s leaking from the black box that runs horizontally under the dash. U can see half of it sitting in the seats. It starts on the passenger side and stops right above the transmission tunnel. I can prob upload some pics in about 30 minutes

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so after some research it is the heater core box. But I’m just confused Bc it’s leaking cold clear water not coolant. And for whatever reason the previous owner put a valve on the inlet hose to the heater core idk why I would open it I just ain’t got around to it

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only when I run AC
Well you're correct, it isn't the heater core. My best guess is condensation. Is there a particular place you can see the moisture coming from? My guess would be from the blower motor which would be all the way on the passenger side, the round part up against the kick panel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk