Leaf Spring opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green98

Reaction score
Would ooking for some opinions on options for rear leaf springs. I have a 98 k1500 ECSB, mine are sagging and I need shocks all around so looking to replace the springs, shocks, and crank level. Think my stock springs are 3+overload. What would be best for ride quality and overall use. Won't be hauling as much weight regularly as I used to but it will still haul and tow on occasions. Also will probably lift the truck in the future but don't think I really need to right now so will probably just crank level with maybe a small block.

Options I've looked at are replacing the springs with the same 3+1 packs, or go one leaf up to 4+1 then see where it sits and decide on a 1-2" block. Or i saw procomp had 3.5 lift springs and thought I could run a drop shackle to have 1-2" lift for now then stock shackle later if I do a full lift. Which would work better or any other ideas. Also does brand matter much, I kind of figured none of them would be OEM quality and likely all made at the same plant anyway unless I had them made locally.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I highly suggest 3/4 ton leaf springs! I swapped them for my 1/2 pack and it's been one of the best mods I've done. They help with the sagging when I tow and also gave me over 2" of lift

You must be registered for see images attach

green98

Reaction score
Hows the ride quality. I'm thinking probably the 5 leaf packs at general spring with some bilstein's. Extra capacity and height is nice but I don't haul much anymore so don't want it too rough.

Last edited: