Largest tyres with Bushwacker cut out flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamie Parker

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a C3500 lwb srw crew cab

The suspension is stock and I didn’t wanna fit a lift kit or raise the body unless I had to.

I have a set of Bushwacker Cut Out Flares, and as I’m due to get some painting done I don’t mind trimming the body & bumper.

I have some 16”x10” wheels to go on with a 4.5” backspace

According to the info on the installation guide from Bushwacker
“Flares can accommodate round shoulder tire and wheel combinations to the following limits without lift kit installation: (A) 33” tire on an 8 1⁄2” rim with stock bumper uncut, (B) 35” tire on a 10” rim with standard backspacing and a trimmed bumper.”

I want the largest diameter tire as I can fit as I’m running a 4.1 diff

I still need to source tires and wanna go 35 at least. Personally I think 35x12.5r16 may still look small with these flares.

Has anyone used these flares? If so pics with tire size & suspension would be useful.

Are there any other options?

What would be involved to get a 37x14r16 to work? I’m guessing a 10” rim is too small?

Currently the rear sits a little higher than the front. If needed, I would consider raising the front so it’s level with the rear if it meant I could run a bigger size.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like the idea . I would stick with 35's though. I am all about cutting some plastic or metal than add a lift.