Ladder rack for stepside bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GMC has a stepside bed, which looks cool but isn't always that useful. I do have a 16' aluminium canoe I was given a few years back when my parents divorced. My mom's younger brother helped them purchase it when he worked for Grumman more than 40 years ago, so it's been in the family a while. If you can believe it they brought it home to Maine from Pennsylvania on the roof of an air cooled Beetle! It's been sitting in my cousin's yard for some time because I don't have a way to transport it anywhere. You can probably guess where this is going...

I can't find any "off the shelf" ladder racks that fit the stepside beds for this era of truck. Does anyone know of something useful for carrying a canoe? I really don't want several feet hanging out past the tailgate. I'm considering having something custom made and if I go that route I've been given a suggestion of a local shop that can fab that kind of stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach