ladder bars and axle wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so at work ive been learning alot from a few of my collegues that have been in the driveline and suspension game for quite some time, well yesterday i was helping one weld a ladder bar on his mud truck, well it goes from the axle trussed upwards, and connected to a heim on the rear of the frame to correct axle wrap. driving my truck we concluded i have a good amount so, im putting a 14 bolt in my yukon soon as my 10 bolt has some funky lateral play in the shafts. question is ill be getting a slip yoke eliminator and a few other things as well as making a new driveshaft at work( probably compareable to those found on any nascar) if i still have axle wrap the question is, are there kits out there for our era trucks? and which ones actually prevent wrap and which dont do a damn thing, or am i better off going all custom?

also kinda far fetched but would a swap bar be of any help in the rear? ive always thought of putting one back in but would rather fix the wrap issue. and could i run both or would one be a hindrance to the other

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw somewhere that there was a kit (at least I think it was) that looked stout and they said it worked great. I think it went from the shock mounts or something. I don't really remember 100%. I believe it was on pirate 4x4.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much is your truck lifted? Stiffer rear springs should eliminate wrap on a close to stock truck.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stiffer springs wont do anything because our trucks are a axle under leaf setup. so theres a piviotal fulcrum between the leaf and axle only being controlled by those two ubolts. And as more leverage is applied with the addition of blocks the axle wrap is worst. No i have never seen a kit other than "skee"s stepside but I'm sure you can fab up really nice ones if you have access to a welder, some parts and chromoly shafts and a lathe.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stiffer springs wont do anything because our trucks are a axle under leaf setup. so theres a piviotal fulcrum between the leaf and axle only being controlled by those two ubolts. And as more leverage is applied with the addition of blocks the axle wrap is worst. No i have never seen a kit other than "skee"s stepside but I'm sure you can fab up really nice ones if you have access to a welder, some parts and chromoly shafts and a lathe.

Same thing happens on axle under setups... :think: You still only have the two u-bolts leveraging the spring. You just moved your fulcrum on top of the spring is all. Stiffer springs always worked for me :shrug: But at 6" you need to fab up some ladder bars... And blocks are bad mojo.

Last edited: