Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone run an adjustable timing set with the stock crank sensor and timing cover? I've read a lot of threads were guys had one and when putting the cover back on it won't spin. I know a double roller is out. I'm sure anything from rock auto would fit, but no adjustable sets I've seen.
Anyone use a bushing kit with these?
What are you guys running?

Getting ready to do a cam swap, and I don't want to be in for surprises and waiting on parts. I can get a standard kit, but would like to be able to degree the cam while I'm there.

Thanks in advance guys

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It might be easier to get a aftermarket cover.
I'm gathering parts for a cam swap on a L29 I picked up for my SS. So I'll pile on here. Can I use a Harmonic Balancer from a Gen V engine to eliminate the pick up for the crank position sensor?

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It might be easier to get a aftermarket cover.
I'm gathering parts for a cam swap on a L29 I picked up for my SS. So I'll pile on here. Can I use a Harmonic Balancer from a Gen V engine to eliminate the pick up for the crank position sensor?
As far as I understand you want to use the balancer that matches your crank because of a slight weight difference, but you could just take the reluctor out and use the gen v cover. That's what I thought most carb swappers did?

I'm sure someone knows better than I

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Gen V cover has a lot more bolts holding it on. I’ll probably reuse the original cover. Just block off the hole with a plug I’ll make on the lathe. I’ll reuse the ring if I need to.