Kurt's 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurtz71

Reaction score
I had just put tow mirrors on my truck last night and they came out sweet. It was a pain in the butt to install them because the power mirror harness was down in the door panel and nearly impossible to get more slack in the wires. But once I got it all figured out it was pretty simple. The only other problem I ran into was tightening the bottom two bolts. I got them as tight as physically possible by hand but I cannot find a way to fit a wrench and definitely cannot get a socket in there. I'm going to dig through my grandfathers tool boxes and try to find a offset wrench to get them puppies tightened up some more. But for now they aren't going to fall off and look awesome. Plus are functional for towing our boats.
You must be registered for see images attach

white_trash88

Im too drunk to taste that chicken
Reaction score
Welcome! And your truck looks absolutely beautiful. Every mod youve done to it is sweet af.

Kurtz71

Reaction score

This afternoon I did a little quick paint job on the tow hitch. It's the original factory hitch. Used Rustoleum semi gloss spray and it came out good for a quick job.

Kurtz71

Reaction score
The truck is slowly coming together, on June 20 I got around to getting myself a back rack. I've been getting a lot of complements on the looks and it's already been pretty useful. Really gives the truck another dimension with its appearance it looks awesome.
And on the 4th of July I had to do the good ole flag on the back rack.

Kurtz71

Reaction score
I also got these 2 cheap little Amber LEDs that a friend gave me. I just drilled out the license plate holes and they went right in, with a nut on the other side. I'm not sure how I feel about them, and I haven't felt like doing a little wiring to actually hook em up. Barely noticeable during the daytime when they're not on which is a plus.
Hooked up the the battery box

Kurtz71

Reaction score
Recently took the tow mirrors off. I wanted a more classic sportier look. i also wired the amber led's in. I wired the left led to the left corner light and the right led to the right corner lights that they would blink when i put the turn signals on. They add a nice touch at night.
And I sold my tow mirrors to my buddy who put them on his 6.5 single cab with a flatbed.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That thing looks gorgeous. That color has definitely grown on me over the years.