Knuckles without diff drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid question, I know, but can you use just the knuckles from a lift kit (like tuff country or fabtech) to gain a little extra lift? I'd like around 3" of lift total and I've already cranked 1" and that's as far as I'd like to crank.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Could you physically do it? Maybe. I wouldn't, unless you're removing the front driveshafts.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No because the knuckle lift idea comea from that instead of dropping your upper and lower control arms the knuckle doesnt make you use the upper control arm drop bracket. So you would also need the lower control arm drop bracket for this to work, but it in all honesty wouldnt because your suspension geometry would be whacked out.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No because the knuckle lift idea comea from that instead of dropping your upper and lower control arms the knuckle doesnt make you use the upper control arm drop bracket. So you would also need the lower control arm drop bracket for this to work, but it in all honesty wouldnt because your suspension geometry would be whacked out.

Ah. Gotcha. I thought they worked similar to 2wd lift spindles, but only gave an inch or so.