Killswitch on a 98 z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lit549

Reaction score
I need some advice ,I'm wanting to install a toggle switch on my son's truck.Usually id just do it like any other chevy but with it being a 98 z71 it has the security and passlock,I dam sure do t wanna create any issues as everything g works fine currently.Any advice on how to safely wire up a toggle killswitch??Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Easy method would be to interrupt coil power like you would on pretty much any vehicle. That has nothing to do with the Passlock system.

Richard

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to go to the junkyard and pick up cams to rear view mirrors. The t top version has the lights built in the mirror.
I used one of those switches as the kill switch. I simply wired a relay in line to the fuel pump. The switch turned on the relay. As far as anyone could tell I was simply adjusting my mirror.
You can wire the other switch to control the coil wire. Or the exciter wire on the starter. Or two out of the three. You can get wild and have one relay that needs to be turned off the other turned on in order to start the car.

IMO it’s best to just have good insurance and high coverage