keyless entry remote fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 99 Suburban k1500 LT w/ barn doors & w/ keyless entry, but the remotes are missing. There a box of remotes @ the j/y that I can go through to see if they have the ones that I need. So for my set up, which remote style am I supposed to have: lock/unlock, lock/unlock/panic, lock/unlock/press x2, lock/unlock/panic/press x2 ? What ID# should I be looking for? When the buttons are worn, I can't tell if it's a trunk release, press x2 or something else. I @ least do know that it is the roundish shape that I am looking for & not the rectangle style.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
As far as I know, the GMT400s only ever came with the 2-button style, lock/unlock only.. The pickups at least, maybe the SUVs had the extra panic button, I'm honestly not sure. Also, the FCC IDs have to match between your receiver and the transmitters. The receiver module is under the dash mounted to a plate on the right side of the steering column shaft, hard to get to but the FCC ID is printed on the module. Should save you some time going through remotes, and if desired you could even get brand new ones off eBay for a couple bucks... That's what I did. They're super easy to program as well on these trucks.

Example of what you should see: FCC ID on this one is AB01502R. Bought fobs AB01502T, programmed and worked flawlessly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I know, the GMT400s only ever came with the 2-button style, lock/unlock only.. The pickups at least, maybe the SUVs had the extra panic button, I'm honestly not sure. Also, the FCC IDs have to match between your receiver and the transmitters. The receiver module is under the dash mounted to a plate on the right side of the steering column shaft, hard to get to but the FCC ID is printed on the module. Should save you some time going through remotes, and if desired you could even get brand new ones off eBay for a couple bucks... That's what I did. They're super easy to program as well on these trucks.

Example of what you should see: FCC ID on this one is AB01502R. Bought fobs AB01502T, programmed and worked flawlessly.

You must be registered for see images attach

match the #'s on the module, that is exactly what I needed to know. Thank You