Keyless Entry doesnt work. 97k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
Keyless entry doesnt work. New Battery still no workie. The power lock switches work fine on the doors. Its a 2 button remote 97 K1500 chevy.GM part #16245100-29. I jumpered pins 4 and 8 with a paperclip on the OBDII plug. Remote still doesnt work. When jumping pins 4 and 8 the door locks and unlocks.

970tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't work sometimes either.....this would be great to have answered

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
1. Remote lost the programing when the battery was changed (what gm's known badly for happening)..
2. Transceivers in the vehicle gone bad (have had it happen to me..)
3. Remote itself has died (dads 03 had this happen to both!! his remotes.. first one wasnt even 2 months after getting the truck)
4. if your near naval air bases or airports their radars will interfear with the remote signals... my area the airbase changed their frequencies and whenever their dish happenes to be pointing our direction none of the GM remotes will work... its not just my family this happens to... guys working on base and near it are complaining about it too...

Reaction score
Mine took a **** on my Yukon and the dealer said it was the receiver on the truck. I heard that and went no further in replacing it. I don't even remember what the part was exactly or how much it cost-sorry guys.