K1500 Torsion Bars under Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Well, thought I would share this, and I can post a finished picture later on if anyone needs to see one. My dad hated the way his Escalade rode, it would kinda roll around a lot, unlike his K1500. I pulled the torsion bars out and measured them, they were smaller in diameter than a K1500 torsion bar and 1.5 inches shorter. When I tried to put the K1500 bars in the Escalade, they stuck out the front of the lower control arm too much for comfort. I had to take the transfer case loose and jack it up, but was able to put a torsion bar cross member out of a K1500 in the Escalade, and drill out 3 bolts on each side, and attach it all and get a factor setup on the Escalade that is like a K1500. This mount went back 1.5 inches further than the Escalde cross member and let the bars sit correct. No more dog bones or rolling on the road, it rides and drives soo much better and stiffer.