just ordered a HID kit from ddm tuning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you guys have any install advice? Like do I need the harness for the 35w kit?

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the harnesses are suggested for every model of HID.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
which harness you talkin bout buddy? the relay style?

I think you could get by without it, but to take max. advantage of it you'll want to look into getting one. I seen a place online that has the relay kits for like $10 I think.

Definately interested in reviews and pics of them, if I go hid's I'm going with their kit due to price.

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-HID-FREE-SHIPPING/V-HID-Parts/V-HID-9005-9006-RELAY-p6162160.html

there's the link.

On a side note I was told by 1badgmc that he uses 80 watt and 100watt halogen or xenon style bubls on stock wiring for a few years without any trouble.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you guys have any install advice? Like do I need the harness for the 35w kit?

From my experience, the later years need the relay harness. I've installed HIDs on my '98 Suburban and a friend's '97 pickup and they both needed the relay harness. HIDs installed on my '91 and '94 worked just fine with no relay harness. Beyond that, the install is cake. The hardest part is figuring out where you want to mount your ballasts.

I'll have to keep them in mind for future reference. When I bought my relay harness, I went with VVME because their shipped price was cheaper than DDM's, but they were still $20. $10 with free shipping from V-LEDs rocks!

On a side note I was told by 1badgmc that he uses 80 watt and 100watt halogen or xenon style bubls on stock wiring for a few years without any trouble.

Yep. Now it's 35w HIDs and 100w highs. :cool:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recommended for all 50W HID installations but most American and European cars work at 35W/50W without the harness. The harness is definitely recommended for Quad's and other ATVs or when running multiple HID installations. This harness is a fused relay isolation harness capable of supplying 40A at 12vdc.

direct fomr ddm's site on their harness and yea ddm has the harness for $15 but gotta add shipping, if you are ordering your hid kit from them might be easier to order harness and all from them, but can't go wrong for $10 shipped

^
I figured he might chime in with a good answer, he always answers all my lighting questions.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
direct fomr ddm's site on their harness and yea ddm has the harness for $15 but gotta add shipping, if you are ordering your hid kit from them might be easier to order harness and all from them, but can't go wrong for $10 shipped

Well, he says he's already ordered the HIDs. If so, then he'd have to spend over $20 for the harness (shipped). Might as well go with your V-LED link if that's the case. :)

I figured he might chime in with a good answer, he always answers all my lighting questions.

You're welcome. :D

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my bad man forgot about the OP already ordering his.

I order from the cheapest place shipped period anyways. even if it means ordering parts from several places.

Like on my headlight swap, headlights coming from the net, probably ebay, bulbs from amazon.com and sockets from advance auto.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I totally agree. I never pick a place to order from based soley on the selling price. I always check the total shipped price.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
I totally agree. I never pick a place to order from based soley on the selling price. I always check the total shipped price.

well... sometimes i dont mind paying a little bit extra for excellent customer service... thats worth more than savign a few dollars here and there

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ddm tunning has very good customer service. dealt with them for an exchange and they were great. i just have to low of voltage for my hids or anything right now, need to install new alt. tomorrow and hope it will fix my issues