just changed my tranny fluid and filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
I bought my truck back in February of 2010 and the guy I bought I from said he had a new transmission put in at the dealership and at the time it only had 50,000 miles on tranny. So then yesterday I decided to drain my fluid and put a new filter in since it has about 67,000 miles on it. I took out all 16 bolts and then pryed the pan off with a screw driver. My truck was on an angle and still no tranny fluid was coming out. :uhoh2: so anyways i drained it and put new filter and tranny fluid then i was pouring the old tranny fluid in the quart bottles and it only filled 2 1/2 quarts!!! Pretty scary! Plus it was a darkish red brown color

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you regularly check your trans. fluid, it must have been really low, I check it every time I check the oil, or at least once a week.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
I haven't regularly checked my trans fluid but now I know I need too, when is the best time to check it? When it is cold or hot?

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check it when hpt for the most accurate reading, you don't want to over fill it