Just another FNG here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ParadoxHarris

Reaction score
Whats up everybody. I actually found this site from Pirate and lets just say, that I hate this forum already. Really...I do. But only in a good way! Found it last night around 9:30pm, and ended up browsing through threads till 1am ish this morning. So thanks...thanks for the lack of sleep. Wife was happy watching her TV shows so she didn't get upset for me neglecting her.

Anyways, I traded my '02 Audi A6 (C5) 3.0 for a '95 GMC Burb K2500 454 7.4L, and got some cash on top. I had an '02 GMC Sierra Duramax before the Audi, so I'm not a noob to GM products. Ya, my GMC has some work that needs to get done, but I finally have a toy again. Sadly, I miss the MPG of the Audi/Duramax, but at least I can haul again! Maybe a Cummins swap in the future? Not rich enough for the Duramax swap. Not to mention I have more room for my kids.

First thing I'm wanting/NEEDING to do to this girl (yes, mine is a girl Caroline 2.0 to be exact) is debadge it (fishing line and wd40 ftw!) and fix the slop in my steering. Got 2 bad ball joints and it looks like a steering gear. Tie rods need replacing too, so I plan on just picking up a cheap kit off eBay ($100ish) that has 14pcs. I know I get what I pay for, but I'm hoping they will at LEAST last 6 months till I can afford the MOOG parts. Next thing on my list is an XJ steering shaft. Buddy of mine who has a shop is big into jeeps, so he has one laying around somewhere, just got to find it. My kids are complaining about the broken door handle in the rear, so that's on the list as well. Now ever since I saw the Escalade/Denali center console on here, I've kind of had a hard on...not going to lie. I get more turned on by trucks/cars than I do women...they won't stab you in the back, just take your money. Lol.

Anyways, thanks for having me and putting up with my future questions!

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Whats up everybody. I actually found this site from Pirate and lets just say, that I hate this forum already. Really...I do. But only in a good way! Found it last night around 9:30pm, and ended up browsing through threads till 1am ish this morning. So thanks...thanks for the lack of sleep. Wife was happy watching her TV shows so she didn't get upset for me neglecting her.

Anyways, I traded my '02 Audi A6 (C5) 3.0 for a '95 GMC Burb K2500 454 7.4L, and got some cash on top. I had an '02 GMC Sierra Duramax before the Audi, so I'm not a noob to GM products. Ya, my GMC has some work that needs to get done, but I finally have a toy again. Sadly, I miss the MPG of the Audi/Duramax, but at least I can haul again! Maybe a Cummins swap in the future? Not rich enough for the Duramax swap. Not to mention I have more room for my kids.

First thing I'm wanting/NEEDING to do to this girl (yes, mine is a girl Caroline 2.0 to be exact) is debadge it (fishing line and wd40 ftw!) and fix the slop in my steering. Got 2 bad ball joints and it looks like a steering gear. Tie rods need replacing too, so I plan on just picking up a cheap kit off eBay ($100ish) that has 14pcs. I know I get what I pay for, but I'm hoping they will at LEAST last 6 months till I can afford the MOOG parts. Next thing on my list is an XJ steering shaft. Buddy of mine who has a shop is big into jeeps, so he has one laying around somewhere, just got to find it. My kids are complaining about the broken door handle in the rear, so that's on the list as well. Now ever since I saw the Escalade/Denali center console on here, I've kind of had a hard on...not going to lie. I get more turned on by trucks/cars than I do women...they won't stab you in the back, just take your money. Lol.

Anyways, thanks for having me and putting up with my future questions!
Welcome! Have any pics of the rig?

ParadoxHarris

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll get some pics up this afternoon. It sure as isn't the prettiest one around, got some bigger tires on it and needs an alignment bad. Paint is peeling, but I'm also thinking about just doing a flat black rattle can paint job on it.

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics would be cool. Don't be scared of a rattle can paint job. If you do the prep work, it can turn out pretty good. I did a satin black Krylon paint job on a 1974 Super Beetle a few years back. I sanded, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, and painted again and it almost looked professional. Just take your time with it.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Welcome.. I'd love to see pics as well. It doesn't have to be the cleanest around.. from my experience these trucks usually clean up really nice regardless though.. unless someone messed with the original paint job and ruined the clearcoat.

Sounds like a trip to the junkyard is in order for you.

ParadoxHarris

Reaction score
Junkyard is for sure in order soon. Haven't had too much time to clear out other vehicles in the apartment complex to take pictures. I'm not worried at all about how "clean" the truck is. Is it odd that I call my Burb a truck? Lol...it's bigger than the "standard" SUV, so the wife and I call it our truck. I gotta go pick up my ex-mother in law from the doctor's office tomorrow, so I'll try to find an empty part to get some decent pictures. Yes, the ex-wife and I are still friends. Kind of nice having that "Reba" TV show type friendship.