Joined the crew cab club!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White paint sucks, my tailgate gets less white every time I wash it. The deal you got on the truck flew out the window when you had gears done. $3,400 is insane. Did they do the front too?

I felt the same way, should’ve shopped around a bit before going with that shop. No nothing touched on the front, that’s just for the bearing kit, new carrier, new ring and pinion gears, and all new seals. After I brought it back to them to put the right gears in the pinion seal is leaking now. I’m hesitant to bring it back to them again and may look into fixing that myself.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! it looks like a nice truck! Those PY0 rims look really good on these trucks.

Yes, that's insane for differential gears! Around here it is around $1,500 for front and rear, maybe $2,000 is top end from those 4wheelparts places.

My nephew just had some installed into his by his buddy for $250 rear only, labor only. I'm going to get his number so he can do mine when I re-gear.

thanks man! I should’ve gotten a few quotes but this shop came highly recommended from a buddy

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, nice truck and great work so far!

The O2 running rich could be because you soldered that wire back together. The solder changes the resistance and causes it to give false readings.
That wont affect the reading. Its passing the same current. If it was a low resistance wire then possibly. I would say a bad o2 sensor or sticking injector or air restrictions

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I felt the same way, should’ve shopped around a bit before going with that shop. No nothing touched on the front, that’s just for the bearing kit, new carrier, new ring and pinion gears, and all new seals. After I brought it back to them to put the right gears in the pinion seal is leaking now. I’m hesitant to bring it back to them again and may look into fixing that myself.

Call the cops. You got robbed. Pinion seal is easy, I did both trucks and my Camaro earlier this year.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wont affect the reading. Its passing the same current. If it was a low resistance wire then possibly. I would say a bad o2 sensor or sticking injector or air restrictions

I second this thought. Check the resistance with an ohm meter of the same length of wire with and without a solder joint. Should be negligible.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the headlight and parking/turn signal housings. HD headlight harness coming soon.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach