Jack question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For you guys with 4/6 or more static drop on your dailys. What are you using for a jack in case of flats? I have a small floor jack that wont fit under the frame with tires inflated, much less flat

Jim2029

Reaction score
I haven't thought that far ahead. I just noticed over the weekend that my harbor fright floor jack just barely fits under the frame with 235/75R115 tires. I'll probably just get a small jack and go under the control arm/axle if I need to change a flat tire.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a dropped truck, but I would think a low profile jack would work. I have a floor jack that only needs about 3 inches of clearance to get under the car/truck. Look into low profile jacks or racing jacks.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one of the mini floor jacks and it wont fit under the control arm or front crossmember. I'll check into the low profile jacks. I might actually remove the wheels and weld skids to make it lower

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive had my c1500 (4/6) for a year and not had a flat yet. But now you got me thinking what if...

Does the factory jack not fit under/lift a 4/6 truck? Will I have trouble getting the spare out?

I have to take the cup off the top of my floor jack to lift the front in my garage, and the valance gets in the way, So I have two planks of 2x8" wood to drive up onto...

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Planks of wood are a great idea. I really don't want to carry around a full size floor jack. Although that low rider jack would be great for the garage

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
For in the shop I use these from Harbor Freight... as far as to carry on the road a small aluminum "racing jack" should work...

You must be registered for see images attach