It's dead Jim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corster

Reaction score
I had the gas gauge in my 96 Yukon bouncing around for quite a while and figured a stepper motor as well. Most instrument clusters in the local Pick-n-Pull had the gas gauge stepper motors already scavenged. When the fuel pump failed, found the real problem for the gas gauge to be the sending unit had detached from the side of the fuel pump module. Also, while I had the instrument cluster out I changed all the bulbs out for LEDs, bulbs in my cluster were 194 for general illumination and 74 for individual warning lights/indicators.

I was just in the local auto parts store for brake light bulbs. Those can't be installed without an adapter. Do the LED dash bulbs need anything to work correctly?

Thanks!

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just in the local auto parts store for brake light bulbs. Those can't be installed without an adapter. Do the LED dash bulbs need anything to work correctly?

Thanks!

Cluster is plug and play, same for all interior lights. Exterior led upgrades that blink require a different flasher for proper operation, still very simple and cheap to do though.