Interior swap!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I just want manual buckets and a console! In the hideous blue! haha

I will have a full blue interior to get rid of (except dash), too bad your not closer to Michigan :nono:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'd charge a customer a hun just to yank out the interior! Let alone be able to keep it too! Good score!!!

Guy also helped me gut it. Took about an hour to gut the doner truck and load up my truck with the parts. Should be installing this weekend. Learned alot about of the truck comes apart thats for sure. I cant post pics for some reason, otherwise I would post pics of the process.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Just thought.....I have a blue overhead console and there was not one in the doner truck :(
Anyone want to trade or need a blue overhead console???

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
How do you guys do that? I'm looking at a set of electric buckets & console only, & the wreckers want $350.00!

Let be known that I got lucky, I had to pull everything, and drive 2 1/2 hours each way to get it.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Cab is empty! Dash & driver seat are the only things in it! Grey interior goes in after 2:30 tomorrow afternoon......:rocking:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Cab is empty! Dash & driver seat are the only things in it! Grey interior goes in after 2:30 tomorrow afternoon......:rocking:

Wanna buy an overhead console? Its not grey, but I imagine you can take the tan material off it and paint it black or something.

20 bucks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Consoles can be re-covered in any color or material you want. Some leftover headliner fabric works, matching or contrasting. I've done 'em in imitation animal hide. Ostrich, Python, Gator.

JJZ71...there is a procedure when installing the plastic parts. You should put them in, in the same order as the factory did. The plastic panels overlap each other. You can see the progression by looking at which end overlaps the next piece. Saves a lot of time having to remove a piece that you just installed, so you can install the one that was supposed to go in first. I can't remember off the top of my head where the starting point is, but once you figure out which one goes in first, then the install becomes simple.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
@ sewlow - had to take out two pieces along the way and redo them because of the order but all in all went pretty smooth. Still have blue seat belt clips though....cant get the torx bolt out of the floor. They are all in there tight as hell. Tried to take them out with a socket wrench, wrench with extention for leverage, impact driver and nothing happening. Any insight on removing these?
Also, anyway to "stain" the dash? What I mean is, can I die the dash parts by rubbing something in on them instead of taping off everything and painting? I dont want to take the dash out because Im not comfortable about getting it back in afterward.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I have been on the interior path too...

You must be registered for see images attach

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
^^NICE. How did you get the torx bolts out of the floor for the seat belt clips???????^^