Interesting issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I go to turn a corner, and floor my truck, it revs all the way up, then act like it's in neutral and doesn't go further. Any thoughts? I have to put it in park and back in drive to move afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll do pretty much the same thing if I rev it up to smoke the tires. Otherwise it doesn't shift until I let off in 1st

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I go to turn a corner, and floor my truck, it revs all the way up, then act like it's in neutral and doesn't go further. Any thoughts? I have to put it in park and back in drive to move afterwards.

Your trans maybe going bad. First off check dip stick while in normal operating temperature. Check to see if you have fluid in it, it may be low. If fluid is black or smells burnt, it's signs for a rebuild
Here's my 94. 5/6 drop with some 15x8 & 15x10 Bassetts.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

It'll do pretty much the same thing if I rev it up to smoke the tires. Otherwise it doesn't shift until I let off in 1st

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay. Tried it again, it does the same thing going straight. It just stops, and gets stuck around 2k. And it won't nice unless you put it in neutral and then back in drive. Then it's completely fine as long as you don't goose it. I checked fluid not long ago, and it was fine, it does leak a tiny amount here and there. It's not burnt or funny smelling, or dark.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw. It's a 91 w/ the 700r4 and 350. I did notice the TV cable has a like, kink in it. Not sure if that would cause this or not though

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw. It's a 91 w/ the 700r4 and 350. I did notice the TV cable has a like, kink in it. Not sure if that would cause this or not though

Pic of kink.... should have no kinks at all.. and yes it could cause that if the trans is not seeing/reading the correct pressures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Huh, that is a very strange issue, ive been around these trucks for quite a while and never heard of that problem
NV3500 swap
And I third the motion for the NV3500 swap