Intake fastener size/availabilty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EDGECRUSHER

Reaction score
Hoping for a quick answer to a relatively simple question.

I'm in the middle of changing head and intake gaskets on my 92 TBI (Non-Vortec) 5.7L SBC. It has just over 200K miles and when I was removing the intake bolts/nuts, the two that thread into the drivers side head at either end snapped. I believe one was a bolt and the other a stud with a nut.
What is the size and thread of these? Is there a kit containing a whole new set of bolts for the intake sold somewhere? If not, should I look for a particular grade bolt at the local hardware store?

I was planning on rebuilding the entire engine but I've decided to attempt to seal up the coolant leak I have and run it until I can purchase a 5.3L LM7 motor to swap in. So I'm not to worried about being too **** about things- just trying to get it back together correctly and due to it's age some things are a little crunchy.

TIA

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
They are just standard 3/8-16 bolts. It don't have to be a stud or anything special.

EDGECRUSHER

Reaction score
thanks. I think the studs just make it easier to mount the brackets for things.
thanks again