instead of "The Stupid Engine Questions " Threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

task

Reaction score
Why not create a FAQ(for each section) thread that is LOCKED and the first post has all the questions then a link to the post in the thread.

IE

Q: What kinda of axle do I have?
A: Here

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those will come in addition to what is there now. If you could put together a FAQ for any section you'd like I would gladly sticky it.

This is to cut down on the one question one answer threads.

task

Reaction score
Well I was thinking that if its not locked or admin/mod maintained its going to end up like the exhaust thread/sticky at GMFS. Theres a lot of good information in there but theres a ton of random worthless posts. Probably a pain to start and get all the questiosn going but would probably pay off keeping everything clutter free.

IMO one thread to ask all "stupid questions" = fail. Its going to get big and theres going to be a lot of questions and answers to decipher through.

This idea of a OBS forum is growing on me.:cool:

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We'll see how it goes its just a place to start.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I was thinking that if its not locked or admin/mod maintained its going to end up like the exhaust thread/sticky at GMFS. Theres a lot of good information in there but theres a ton of random worthless posts. Probably a pain to start and get all the questiosn going but would probably pay off keeping everything clutter free.

IMO one thread to ask all "stupid questions" = fail. Its going to get big and theres going to be a lot of questions and answers to decipher through.

This idea of a OBS forum is growing on me.:cool:

I have to agree or something along the lines of "rules" here are a few I ran across:

How do I change my oil?

What happens if I remove emission control devices and I have no clue why they are on the truck?

Or my personal fav. is this I removed this (non-defective) part now my truck won't run right what should I do?

The reason for this is to prevent the endless stream of nonsensical pointless threads and post. I beleive everyone here has the basic knowledge of how to preform basic and or routine maintance. I know the few newbs will pop in with a how do I question as can be expected.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if they do not look at these other threads, and start a thread it will be our duty as members to let them know where to find this information, and to get the thread taken care of by moderators, as soon as the new member has gotten the info he needs.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea but have you even tried the search feature on GMFS or FSC it is so clustered ****** with pointless threads it is redonkuless. Another rule should be POST UP what you did to fix your truck. I.E. my truck stumbles under acceleration what could be the cause? Few days later they post up and say it was the fuel pump so the next guy with simular problems can go hey this is pointing me in a direction. If not the get mailed to keep it updated and if no reply or update it gets deleted. Just to prevent clutter.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A set of rules should be read before posting about maintenance problems. mostly to be as descriptive as possible, and to show photos if possible to identify problem areas.

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be but the lazy ass noobs will only post something along the lines of something like this:

Today I was driving my truck and I pressed the gas and it felt sluggish what could cause this?