installing tansgo or b&m shift kit?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i already did my corvette servo mod and i love it. however i want a firmer shift and i want those tires to chirp!! i want to go with the 4L60E-HD2 shift kit. anyone know where i can find a write up on the install. heard it was pretty easy just got to drop the pan and do some stuff...l

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
th350 here as well 2 of them both b&m both stage 2, simpliest and easiest thing ever. I had the first done in less then an hour and the second in less then a half hour, took more time to pull the pan bolts and valve body bolts as well as drilling the holes in the seperater plate, then it actually did anything else. It was just unbolt, unbolt, remove balls, drill hole(s) new gasket bolt on, done.

The monte carlo I put it in will chirp em hard going into 3rd with a set of 3.42's

narizon

Reaction score
Installed the B&M transpak kit (went street/strip) as well as a Corvette servo for the 700r4.Took about 2 hours,first time playing with a transmission.That 2nd gear shift point is nice & brutal (love it),cant say much for 3rd because of 2.73 gears but well worth it.In the process of acquiring a Eaton Posi & will be keeping HWY gears.Love the mileage.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get the B&M Trans-Go is much better more people use them. I installed a B&M on my truck im very unhappy with it. My year truck came out with a weak Sun Shells when I do get another trans im getting The Beast Sun Shell due to hard hits can mess up factory Shells I don't know if your year truck got a better shell im kinda glad im truck hits ok and not so hard transmission are not cheap.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nothing wrong with b&m a weak trans is a weak trans no shift kit is gonna matter for that part of it.

2.73's with an OD trans? that's over kill.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I just remembered, my install took about 2 hours, but B&M only makes a TransPak for a TH350C, so i had to screw around with my valvebody, and good thing i did!, one of my valves was all ****** up, i ended up having to replace it with one from my spare trans.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Don't get the B&M Trans-Go is much better more people use them. I installed a B&M on my truck im very unhappy with it. My year truck came out with a weak Sun Shells when I do get another trans im getting The Beast Sun Shell due to hard hits can mess up factory Shells I don't know if your year truck got a better shell im kinda glad im truck hits ok and not so hard transmission are not cheap.
So your complaining the a shiftkit did not improve your weak trans? :think: