installing rear window solid glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonecrazy89

Reaction score
Opted for a solid glass in the rear of my gmc extended cab that I'm redoing. Anyone have any tips? Truck used to have a slider but the seal between the glass and frame was bad so it whistled real bad. What do I need besides the black urethane sealer? Old window is out, just looking to get the new in so it can go outside so I can paint the bed. I've heard ove people using pipe clamps etc to help hold it in til the urethane sets up, just looking for other prep and install tips that the more experienced may have to offer! Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Just thought I'd show off what I got so far

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a glass primer and pinch weld primer to do it right, call a glass shop. It won't break the bank.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Agreed! They break it, they replace it. They have experience not to.
I've had glass guys swing by my shop on their way home from work to do installs for me. Cash deals!
...and maybe a beer or two!

gonecrazy89

Reaction score
Might go that route, idk yet. Checking with one more buddy of mine who's fully certified for auto body. Otherwise I'll have someone come do it. Didn't want to, but probably the easiest way. Will be the only part on the truck I won't have done myself lol.