increasing power on 305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgarking69

Reaction score
hey guys im trying to increase the power on my 305 chevy it feels kinda weak at the start i kinda just want it to have more umph its a 96 k1500 4x4 with i belive a 6" lift with 33 inch tires i looked in my glove box and i belive it says i have the gt4 gears i heard that if i switch those out i would get more power. currently the mottor is all stock i just gave it a fresh tune up. some mods i currently have in mind are headers,intake, cat delete with flowmaster 44 duals, and a pcm tune, this will probably all take some time doin one mod at a time wich ones can i do first without messing anything up i dnt have alot of experience with chevys so im really new to all the technical stuff. the truck is a dd so id like to get as much mpg as possible.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would sugest just switchin gears and doing you exhaust then doing the intake then the tune

edgarking69

Reaction score
thanks but im wanting a more specific answer lik what gears what brands and syuff like that

i would like to so an s/c but id wanna rebuild it first and i dnt have the cash for that

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 305 it puts down 257 hp275 torque at the wheels it has long tube headers lt4 hot cam 1.6 roller rockers pcm tune cold air intske and mass airflow sensor but its rwo wheel drive for u iv hesrd that 3.83 is bout best of both worlds and fsr as mileage add sum electric fans that will help with sum power n mileage

Last edited:

edgarking69

Reaction score
ok thaks what would be some good brands/ places to look for these parts

also what would be the best place to start,