In need of help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickyd

Reaction score
I have a 1995 gmc sierra 1500 5.7 4x4 with 4l60e and i have changed both solenoids, 1st i had 1st but no matter what i had to let off the throttle to go to 2nd and i had no 4th no matter what. Then 1st went out completely and when shifted into D it went straight to 2nd. After that happened reverse went out completely and acts like its in N.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for a rebuild..... mine was doing the same exact thing when I bought my 94. Only fix is either a new trans or get yours rebuilt...

sent from what use to be a great country...

racnredneck

Reaction score
yup, sound like the low sprag failing, or 3/4 clutch pack burned, not applying for low forward gear

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of my co workers just ordered a 4L60 E for his 2004 Avalanche. There prices are rite. Also there is a difference in rebuilt, and remanufactured depending on where you go, and what shop you deal with. Some shops define rebuilt as a trans that has been taken apart, and only the worn out parts replaced. Remanufactured, is a trans that has had all the parts that can ware out, replaced. http://www.transdepot.net/