IFS lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
butch your correct, auto trac equipet trucks must have new front drive shafts to be lifted more than so many inches i dont remember exactally what it is

97k1500z71

Reaction score
Pretty sure he is right. Autotrac and non autotrac is the same kit and one just has a driveshaft that comes with it.
I think I smell a first ban coming on.

actually the steering centerlinks are completely different, and alot of the other brackets you can MAKE work but dont exactly work. at this point a ban would be fine with me because now i have to spend another 400 dollars on a new centerlink and two control links for that. quote-"there is no difference other than those trucks equipped with autotrac require a new driveshaft ($400) when lifted more than 3"s"

are forums not for people that are either in need of help, info, or advice? why give wrong advice???

links to the pdf for part numbers and illustrations, as stated before i thought they were different but ASKED and was told they were the same besides driveshafts.

http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/51088.pdf

http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/51092.pdf

tell me those are the same centerlinks or that they are interchangable?

97k1500z71

Reaction score
um stupi question if you know this is 100% wrong then why in the world did you ask the question and 2 you are wrong so yea idk why u posted that

because i just found it out installing the final piece of the lift, and i continued thinking the knowledge i had been given was correct.

also, i opened the thread 6 days later because thats the chance i got to work on my truck.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well maybe all this info you've been given before has been long and maybe you should start listening to some of the guys on here, and not throw your weight around because you are a newb and think they are not listening to you.

Just because someone local or some other forum or even this forum doesn't mean it's true. Newb or anything doesn't matter. PPl who have actually done the lifts and know are the ones that usually know.

There's some reason they have a note on almost every lift about the auto trac.

Not like lift keys where they are trying to screw ppl over.

So now that you have done you rlift prove him right or prove him wrong which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.