Idk whats going on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ B

Reaction score
If distributor is new, did you install that correctly? Easy to have one tooth off and still run. Or reinstall wires wrong. If it ran okay after the install, you need a scanner to get timing right (not a timing light). Scanner reads cam offset which is tricky to get right. Also the "crab/spider " fuel injector is a weak point on that engine. If it has not been replaced would go that direction.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention my obd2 won't connect new port everything won't connect. Scanners are useless for me
Gee. I guess you have a new FIRST PRIORITY.

Make the computer talk to the scan tool. Use the scan tool to figure out the engine performance problem(s).

Depending on what you find--like maybe the computer is fried--fixing the scan-tool communication problem might also be the "fix" for the performance problem.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fix diagnostic port issue. Without it your blind, deaf and dumb. Technology marches on, without feedback from vehicle electronics, what's wrong and part changing is a bottomless pit.

mike8449

Reaction score
Here's some rudimentary info re. OBDII. First thing is to check pin 16 for battery voltage.

Looking at front of dash connector, top row is pins 1 - 8 from left to right. Bottom row is pins 9 - 16 from left to right.

Pin 16 is Battery+. No power is usually blown fuse.
Pin 5 is Signal ground.
Pin 4 is Chassis ground. Make sure it's good.
Voltage between #4 & #5 should be less than +2vdc.

Diagnostics.
1. Battery voltage must be good! Pin 16 should be +12 volts.
2. Check OBDII connector pins. Check pins for corrosion. Use paperclip to perform "drag / snugness" test for each female connector. Any loose connectors must be tightened up.

Hope this gets you started in the right direction.