Idk whats going on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevy k1500 5.7 4l60E. So I replaced my TPS and IAC and my fuel filter cuz I've had a really rough idle didn't fix it just made it worse now it won't go past 2200k rpm in gear without severe backfiring, coming down to either crankshaft ps or camshaft ps, the distributor is new

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
since you got a new distributor that means you have a new cam sensor I do not know if a crank sensor can cause your problem

do you have any codes

HaremStorm

Reaction score
Codes? Can you tell if it is popping through the exhaust or is it more forward sounding. It sounds simple but you set base timing with the electronic advance jumper unplugged right? It's easy to miss and lord knows I have done it before. I would re-check base timing just to be safe, I've heard that the advance can be finnicky in weird ways when you set base with it on.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Codes? Can you tell if it is popping through the exhaust or is it more forward sounding. It sounds simple but you set base timing with the electronic advance jumper unplugged right? It's easy to miss and lord knows I have done it before. I would re-check base timing just to be safe, I've heard that the advance can be finnicky in weird ways when you set base with it on.
that is only on tbi engines he has a vortec

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wha

well? that's a start.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99xcss4 Says that's not for your application. I didn't register yours was a vortec for some reason lol.
What's really funny is mine's a 1992 non-vortec lol.... Get a scanner, live data, and go from there. I sound like 100 others on this site but they're right.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Forgot to mention my obd2 won't connect new port everything won't connect. Scanners are useless for me