I need help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not sure where to post electrical issues so ill try here. If im in the wrong place please let me know. Here is the issue. Ive iwned this truck for many years, 98 reg cab short bed and from the day i bought it it has never had door marker lights and the power locks have never worked. Also the power mirrors work left to right but not up and down. Since deciding to work on fixing it up i have decided to check the problems out. Wish i hadnt now. I pulled the driver side kick panel off and this is what i have found. Im lost. What and where does all this go? Please help.

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like your pictures did not upload. I cannot see them. The directional failure on the mirrors sounds like a switch issue or possibly a connection issue since you obviously have power to the door. Locks tend to be a problem with the remote setup and I know nothing about that. Do the locks not work at all or just not from a remote? Has anything aftermarket been installed?

Edit .. pictures came through when I reloaded the page.

Last edited:

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see them on my end. Ill load again. Dont have remote and locks and light have never worked. The pics show wires cut for some reason. Ive followed the wires from the lock switch and they all end at the plug. But nothing to plug the plug into.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That definitely looks like aftermarket stuff. Somebody will know. Likely a module that plugs into that connector is missing. You will need to lay hands on a shop manual and get the wiring back to stock before anything will work if that is the issue.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess ill need to find a manuel for it. Dont know where to start. Im just confused as to the cut wires as they match exactly on the other end inside the door panel. The only things that arent working is the door lock button and the courtesy light on the door. I dont understand how everything else is working with all the cut wires.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can you just get another stock dash harness from a pull and pay? It looks to me like the PO had remote start with locks and **** and yanked it before he sold it.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats not possible. See i bought it at auction several years ago. It was local highway patrol that siezed it for drugs, dui and revolkes licence. So i dont think that was an option. Im just dumbfounded. I may have to pull one to get my locks to work again
Thanks

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Coulda been 2 owners ago. That harness has been molested, I'm just trying to guess why.