Hydroboost steering not working correctly at low rpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Well, I did the process. Felt good. But did the same thing it did after I installed the box. Drove great to the first stop. Brakes were good as was the steering. Once I got to the second stop, brakes were almost nothing, and steering was stiff as ****.

sent from my Galaxy S4 Yo! now Free

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Well, I did the process. Felt good. But did the same thing it did after I installed the box. Drove great to the first stop. Brakes were good as was the steering. Once I got to the second stop, brakes were almost nothing, and steering was stiff as ****.

Keep repeating
Even bead the brakes
Sent from ®obland

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be a week or two till I can actually get outside to do it...i just had ACL reconstruction and a repair to my medial meniscus done thursday. So needless to say i'm hurting a little and not able to do anything.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Ive been turning the wheels for like 30 minutes, and have had no change in the fluid level. Ive been doing this with the engine off...... What difference does it make if the engine is on/off? Other than the fact that the pump is running

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Ive been turning the wheels for like 30 minutes, and have had no change in the fluid level. Ive been doing this with the engine off...... What difference does it make if the engine is on/off? Other than the fact that the pump is running

That is why I always did it with the engine running. :shrug: with the pump running your moving the fluid and the air through the system. If the flow is restricted how is it gonna move? It just seems simple to me. When you bleed your brakes you are pumping the fluid through aren't you? Hydraulics its is hydraulics, whether it be brakes or a power steering pump.

Sent from ®obland

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Just sat in my truck for an hour straight turning the wheel. 30 minutes of that was with the truck off, and the other was with the truck running. Throughout he entire process, i maybe added an inch of fluid to the reservoir. Put all 4 tires back on the ground, and she can hardly turn the wheels on the wet pavement. Im starting to think i have something worse than just air in the lines.